Destination wedding statistics & why you should have a destination wedding
More and more couples are having destination weddings these days. Imagine sharing your special day in an exotic location, overlooking the beach, with your closest family and friends. Maybe it is just you and your partner, you can plan big or small. The great thing about destination weddings is that they are truly limited to your imagination and budget. Read these statistics and tips below:
- 99 percent of grooms do the proposing.
- 6 percent of proposals occur in December.
- The average American engagement lasts 14 months.
- The average diamond engagement ring is $6,348.
- 3 out of 4 couples live together before getting married.
- The median age for remarriage is 34 for brides and 37 for grooms.
- $29,858 is the average amount spent on a traditional American wedding.
- Destination Weddings are typically thousands of dollars less than non-destination weddings.
- One-third of those getting married have been married previously.
- Who pays for the wedding? In 19% of cases, it’s the brides’ parents. Nearly one-third –; 32% of brides and grooms — pay for it themselves. And 15% of couples share the cost with both sets of parents contributing.
- The average amount spent on wedding bands for the couple is $1,575.
- The average amount spent on a bridal gown is $1,281.
- Queen Victoria, who married Prince Albert in 1840, popularized the white wedding gown.
- Tuxedoes are typically purchased 5-6 months after the wedding gown.
- Bridesmaids’ gowns are generally purchased 3-4 months in advance.
DESTINATION WEDDING STATISTICS
- 24 percent of marriages are destination weddings.
- The average age of a destination bride today is 33, compared to the U.S. average of 28.
- Couples who had an international destination wedding said a special, fun or exotic locale was their top consideration
- More guests are turning destination weddings into vacations
- 9 out of 10 couples say weather is a key factor in selecting a destination.
- On average, the honeymoon is booked 4 months before the wedding.
- Most popular luxury honeymoon destinations: Europe, Caribbean, Hawaii, South Pacific.
- More and more couples are satisfied with their destination weddings. Their top ratings go to are location, accommodations and atmosphere.
If you’re looking to plan your own destination wedding, the Travel Team can plan the perfect destination wedding to Fiji, Tahiti, Hawaii, Mexico, Caribbean & more locations!
Contact a Dedicated Destination Wedding Specialist at 1-800-788-0829 ext. 225 to speak to Tracy; or 1-800-788-0829 ext. 227 to speak to Dale. Travel Team vacations are perfectly planned and at the lowest rates!